Select Page
South Australia has entered the incentives fray. The Australian state’s South Australian Film Corporation (SAFC) just launched a new 10% rebate that covers all forms of post-production, including digital and visual effects work. It went into effect in January.

The rebate works on top of Australia’s federal incentive to provide a total rebate of up to 40% on post and related work undertaken in the state.

The 10% covers all qualified expenditures for post, digital work and visual effects. A minimum spend of $250,000 is required. When combined with Australia’s federal rebate of 30%, the South Australian incentive pushes the rebate total to a whopping 40%. Applications must be made within 90 of completion of qualified work. Read more.